Hello yes I am back and as it did take me awhile to get back from my last post due to the perfect way I really wanted to present my post. Please read on and tell me how I did.
PERFECTION…The pursuit of it and why we strive for it.
It is in my opinion that when some of us are born it is on the pretense that we will be given the opportunity to strive for the perfect life. Whether or not we achieve that perfection may or may not be due to many different elements. 1. circumstances that we are born into, 2.the paths that we choose for what ever reason, 3. changes in our lives that make us rethink our paths, 4. the very idea that if you are not number one in what ever you do you are a failure, 5. feelings of low self-esteem, basically, reason number 4 being of our own creation. (my personal favorite) 6. Procrastination..my own biggest downfall… 7. Fear of failure..this should probably be reason number one. I feel it is the biggest reason. However I wrote them as I thought them out.
Disclaimer #1. these can be re-arranged and sorted in any different order as I stated earlier reasons numbers 6 & 7 are my biggest undoing.
So, there are many questions that can be asked about the pursuit of perfection. For instance, are you one of those that strives for perfection? Don’t feel like you have to tell me one way or the other. If you are not one of those yet you claim to be, the only person you are lying to is yourself. Do you even believe that perfection is obtainable? There are many that feel that nothing or no one may be perfect. If you are one of those that think there is no such thing as perfection. Do you give it your all everyday anyway or do you just muddle through with little effort?
Let’s examine the different reasons I laid out earlier. You know the reasons we went one way or the other.
1. Circumstances holding you back. Again do you let your life live you or do you live your life? Or it could be those circumstances are what pushed you into the pursuit.
2. Did you choose a destructive path simply because of peer pressure? Or did your daredevil ways just spiral out of control? Maybe it was rebellion against an authority figure only because you were tired of being told what you should do.
3. Could it be there was some happening that lead to your change of the pursuit. Whether it took the wind out of your sails, or the wind caused you to pick up speed.
4. What if you are constantly be belittled or berated into thinking you are not good enough. It may not matter if it is a supervisor, a so-called “friend” or worse yet maybe even a loved one. Does that deflate you into wanting to give up the chase, or does it drive you to prove them wrong? Show them you are the better person.
5. It could be that all the feelings of inefficiency are of your own creation. It may be that you are simple not happy with yourself and have developed a defeatist attitude toward life.
6. Procrastination, my biggest downfall. I actually started this blog three days ago. that may not be right, I think it was four days ago. Putting things off simply because we do not feel like doing them now is a major blunder. Putting things off because we are not sure how they are going to come out is even worse. that leads to the next reason…..
7. FEAR : I feel this is the biggest single reason we may not pursue perfection, or our dream job/career, or the ever elusive loved one. We are not only afraid to fail we are afraid that the whole world is watching and gearing up the laugh track for when we do. Time to step it up and shake it off, and show the world what we are made of.
One may never achieve perfection, yet when you give your best shot and you know it. You have no reason to hang your head in shame.
I have decided to make this my radio show topic. I haven’t been on the radio in a while. Whereas I always enjoy it, I do believe it would be more fun if you folks joined me. So…Wednesday morning at 9:30 AM PST you will be able to catch me on blogtalkradio/ramblinman. I would love to talk about your thoughts on the subject, or any other subject you may have burning up your thoughts.